You Can Turn the Tears of Pain and Sorrow into Joy and Happiness
“Stop… please don’t hit me anymore….I promise to be good.
“Why did mommy’s friend put his hands in my pants and kiss me?”
“Ima, please get up from the floor… why are you crying and bleeding?”
The children that come to the Emunah Crises Centers and Youth Villages have experienced major trauma and familial dysfunction on a day-to-day basis. They may have endured physical, emotional and/or sexual abuse, extreme poverty or neglect. Regardless of the circumstances, each child comes with their own unique story, suffering tremendous pain and heart-ache.
Emunah Centers provide a safe haven for these children - a warm, friendly atmosphere, staffed by caring professionals, who provide the support and love necessary for the children to heal.
Upon arrival, all require clothing, toiletries, health care and extensive psychological therapy, in addition to room and board.
Emunah’s residential homes and crisis centers are world renowned, known for the quality care and support they have provided hundreds of thousands of Israel’s most vulnerable children for 80 years. Emunah maintains:
- 5 Residential Children’s Home with 1,000 children annually
- 11 Family Therapy and Trauma Counseling Centers, serving 400 families annually
IMAGINE: THAT FOR MERE DOLLARS A DAY YOU CAN CHANGE THE LIVES OF THESE CHILDREN. YOU CAN TURN THEIR TEARS OF PAIN AND SORROW INTO JOY AND HAPPINESS
Monthly Cost Per Child in a Children's Home
|Children’s Bedroom and Facility upkeep
|Therapies (Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Social Workers)
|Tutoring and Supplemental Lessons
|Comprehensive Dental Treatment
|Health Care and Medications
|Child and Family Therapies and Support Groups
(back pack, pens/pencils/ paper/notebooks)
|Pair of Shoes
(pants/ skirt/ shirt/ underwear)
Your Gift Will Assure That Israeli Children Will Not Go To Bed Hungry Tonight
“Ima, I’m sooo hungry…please, can I have something to eat today?”
Over 1/3 of Israeli children live in poverty and at least twenty percent go to bed hungry, EVERY NIGHT, because their parents simply cannot afford to feed them…*
NO child, or parent, should ever have to confront this situation.
- At the 135 Emunah Day Care Centers, over 9,000 children, 3,000 of them in the Welfare System and living in poverty, are served three, warm nutritious meals a day.
- The cost of feeding a child per month is only $145.
Your gift today can feed Sara…and Nir…and Bat El….and David,* tomorrow.
(*not their real names)
Report: One-Third of Israeli Kids Live in Poverty
“Sometimes, I just can’t deal with my kids…I’m scared what I might do.”
“I have no idea how I am going to make-it through the day if I don’t have a ‘drink’ and my meds.”
“I love my kids, but I just can’t take care of them…please help me!”
How sad to hear parents express these sentiments. Yet, at Emunah Youth Villages and Children’s Centers, it’s exactly what we hear.
- Parents overwhelmed with the day-to-day care of their families.
- Parents who may have mental and/or physical challenges.
- Parents who are unemployed and on welfare.
- Parents who were abused and/or neglected themselves, as children.
- Parents who physically and/or mentally abuse each other, and their children.
ONE HAPPY FAMILY is an innovative, one-of-a-kind, program, operated in each of our five Emunah children’s homes, that helps parents overcome these challenges and build healthy, loving and stable relationships with their children. Through interactive therapeutic sessions, support groups, formal and informal educational workshops and projects, parents are given the tools necessary to enhance their parenting and inter-personal skills, empowering them to be the parents they want to be.
YOU CAN HELP THE CHILDREN BY HELPING THESE PARENTS GAIN THE SELF-RESPECT & DIGNITY THEY NEED TO RAISE HEALTHY AND LOVING CHILDREN
Partner with us to help YOUR children in Israel.
You Can Make a Difference Today By Sponsoring:
|Parenting workshops and support groups
|Series of interactive parent/child activities
|Field trip for 10 parents with their children
|Refreshments & travel expenses for activities
(per month per home)
It Takes a Village to Raise a Child – Join Our Village and Help Us Break the Cycle.
HELPING OUR GRADUATES TRANSITION TO ADULTHOOD
“I feel so alone…so isolated. I have no family to go to.”
“Where do I go for Shabbat or the Holidays? I need a home to go to.”
“People don’t understand I'm only 18… I have no parents, no home, no one to guide me. sometimes I just cry at night because I’m afraid…”
The Emunah children’s villages have HEARD our children. We heard and saw the emotional trauma our children confront when they graduate from our residential Centers and are no longer a part of the Emunah family or, anyone’s family. The day they graduate from high school, our children are abandoned again, this time by the system – the government, social services……..
BUT NOT BY YOU!
Emunah has found the solution for our graduates who need a stable, supportive environment to assist them in transitioning into young adulthood. Through the creative development of the “GRAD PADS,” our residential graduates will receive the following:
- A clean, safe room and comfortable living quarters, shared by 6-8 roommates, in a Grad Pad apartment
- A supportive, loving “house mother” who will oversee the ongoing care of the facility, while, maintaining regular contact with the residents and ensuring that their daily physical and emotional needs are being met (meals, laundry and inter-personal relations).
- Guidance and assistance in navigating the bureaucratic, financial, academic and social services system.
- The ongoing support, encouragement and professional services of the Emunah Center’s staff, which has been their family, while living at the Center.
To help the residents achieve independence and maturity, they will be expected to take an active role in the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the GRAD PAD apartments, by making a financial contribution determined by their respective incomes.
Your generous investment today will assure that our children are not abandoned at 18, but will have the love and support they desperately need to grow into healthy, productive adults.
|Rent per apartment per year
|Utilities and taxes
|Food and household needs
|Furniture and equipment
(one time investment)
|House Mother – salary